HTC Raider LTE phone hits Bell and Rogers
If you’re going to be surfing on the new high speed LTE networks from Bell or Rogers, you’re going to want a phone that can handle it. That’s where the HTC Raider comes in. The company has announced that the Raider, HTC’s first LTE phone in Canada, will be coming to both Bell and Rogers. The phone checks all the other boxes for a high end smartphone as well, with a 4.5″ qHD screen, 1.2GHz dual core processor and an 8 megapixel camera with f/2.2 aperture for better low light performance and 108op video recording.
HTC heads into the holidays with the blazing fast HTC Raider™
HTC Raider™ brings a pocket-size, full-throttle entertainment experience to Bell and Rogers
Toronto – October 27, 2011– Today HTC announced the Android™ 2.3-powered HTC Raider™, the company’s first LTE smartphone in Canada, will be coming soon to the Bell and Rogers Communications Inc. networks. With LTE network speeds and a turbocharged 1.2 GHz processor, the HTC Raider combines powerful processing, seamless downloading and smooth web browsing in one beautifully designed package.
“The HTC Raider is our first LTE smartphone in Canada, and it truly stands apart as a powerhouse social networker, entertainer and communicator. HTC is the global 4G smartphone-share leader, with 62% of the 4G-smartphone market* and we are excited to bring this technology to Canadian consumers,” said Rick Babington, executive director, HTC Canada. “The breakthrough LTE technology now available on the Bell and Rogers networks, allows Canadians to experience the HTC Raider exactly as it’s meant to be enjoyed: in all its power. Lightning fast speeds and exceptional entertainment transform this device from a smartphone into a one-of-a-kind multimedia experience.”
For photo enthusiasts, the HTC Raider does not disappoint. Equipped with an 8 megapixel camera, 1080p video recording, f/2.2 aperture and a back-illuminated sensor, the HTC Raider makes it easy to capture high quality photos even in low-light conditions. A 28 mm wide lens is ideal for taking group shots without missing a single detail, while the 1080p camcorder lets users record at 60 frames per second with slow-motion playback. The video trimmer feature makes movie-making a breeze – users can choose to keep the highlights and discard the rest to produce a perfectly customized work of art for all to see.
Sharing moments that matter is made easy with HTC Sense™, HTC’s unique user experience that puts people at the centre. A rotating homescreen with rich visuals and immersive effects draws users fully into the HTC mobile experience. The lockscreen doubles as a launch pad by keeping users up to date on social activity. FriendStream™ allows users to see Facebook, Twitter and Flickr all in one place without unlocking the phone. The next time a friend calls, their most recent social status appears directly on the screen.
Additional features include:
- HTC Watch™ – enjoy cinema on the go with a selection of blockbuster movies that are ready to start when you’re ready to watch
- Wi-Fi hotspot capability to share access to the web with multiple devices like a tablet or laptop
- Wireless surround sound to enjoy music and videos
- Free Google Maps navigation that provides turn-by-turn voice guidance
- Access more than 250,000 free and paid apps from the continuously growing Android Market.
Built to entertain, the HTC Raider is the ideal movie-watching tool. HTC Watch gives users affordable access to blockbuster movies and shows on a powerful, 4.5-inch qHD super LCD screen using a wireless connection. On LTE networks, this means exceptional image and video quality without buffering lags. And because HTC watch content is stored in the cloud, there is plenty of room for additional multimedia content, including photos to music. With the HTC Raider, entertainment does not start and stop in the palm of your hand. Users can enjoy entertainment on the big screen with an HDMI out cable or an optional MHL adapter.
- Platform: Android™ 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) with HTC Sense
- Display: 4.5-inch qHD super LCD screen (960 x 540), capacitive touch screen
- Camera: 8 MP main with auto-focus, dual LED flash, f/2.2, 28mm lens, 1.3 MP front-facing camera, 1080p HD video cam
- Internal Memory: 1 GB RAM, 16 GB ROM supports up to 32 GB micro SD™ card (not included)
- Battery: 1620 mAh, lithium-ion
- Processor: Qualcomm® APQ8060, 1.2 GHz dual core MDM9200™ modem, Audio DSP with Dolby Mobile® and SRS WOW™ HD surround sound