MGS HD coming soon
While Konami has yet to peg down a definite North American release date for Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, there’s news floating around (via Joystiq) that it will land in Japan on November 23th. This suggests that international dates can’t be far behind.
In the meantime, the publisher has let it be known that players will be able to toggle between the original 4:3 and the updated 16:9 presentation of the games, at least in some scenes. The PS3 version will also come with a code to download an updated version of the PS1 original Metal Gear Solid, while the Xbox 360 version will have a different, yet to be determined perk.
Konami has also released a ton of screenshot which you can catch after the press release below.
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., today announced new features for Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, a collection of PlayStation®Portable and PlayStation®2 KONAMI titles remastered for the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360®, set to be released this winter.
New features for METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION include:
- Remastered from the ground up for PS3® & Xbox360®
- Stunning 1080p graphics
- 60 frames-per-second graphics
- Icons, sound effects, and all fonts upgraded for HD
- User interface rebalanced for HD
- Added right analog stick input and force feedback*
- Features Trophies on PS3® and Achievements on Xbox 360®
- Worldwide matchmaking for multiplayer (tentative)
- TRANSFARRING (save data sharing) compatible with PSP® version*
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection brings together HD versions of the PlayStation®2 hits Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (2001), Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (MGS3) (2004) and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (2010) which debuted on the PSP®, in one package. In addition, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection contains the ports of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake for the MSX2 that were included with the complete version of MGS3, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (2005).